Rambus Token Gateway for E-Commerce Certified “Visa Ready”
SUNNYVALE, Calif. – September 12, 2018 – Rambus Inc. (NASDAQ: RMBS) today announced that its is one of the first to be qualified under the This certified solution enables token requestors like online merchants, payment service providers and acquirers globally to quickly and securely connect to the Visa Token Service to tokenize card-on-file e-commerce transactions.
Tokenization is a security technology that uses a unique digital identifier, or token, to protect sensitive information like cardholder account details. By replacing sensitive account information with a limited use token, including domain controls for device or channel, tokenization mitigates fraud risk and protects the underlying value of credentials.
Benefits for merchants and consumers
The Rambus Token Gateway supports merchants in a number of ways:
- Customer convenience and confidence – Consumers no longer need to update card details following a card reissue, reducing frustration. Knowing that card details are not shared with merchants may also increase trust and the number of consumers willing to shop online safely and securely.
- Quick time to market – Merchants who integrate with Visa Token Service through Rambus do not need to wait for individual certification approval and can launch a token-on-file initiative more quickly.
- Reduced PCI compliancy – As merchants replace vulnerable cardholder payment data with secure tokens, their payment card industry (PCI) compliancy requirements may be reduced.
- Cost savings – The Rambus Token Gateway assures that merchants are constantly aligned with the latest Visa Token Service tokenization specifications, eliminating the need for manual integration work.
- Single interface – The Rambus Token Gateway provides a single interface to connect with all contracted token service providers, supporting a variety of messaging interfaces.